Friday, December 31, 2010

food pictures and ranch potatoes: I will get my husband to eat mushrooms someday

What follows are some food pictures from Wednesday that I didn't have a chance to post.  After the pictures I'll post a recipe for Ranch Potatoes.  They are super easy, and it's almost embarrassing posting it as a "recipe," but they are delicious.
 Lunch Wednesday.  Ranch potatoes and portabella mushroom sandwich.
My husband taking his first bite of mushroom sandwich.  He was unimpressed and said he should have put more mustard on the sandwich to hide the taste of the mushroom.  I did take a reaction shot, but he wouldn't let me post it.  I'll keep working on these mushrooms.  I've fixed brussel sprouts in a way that he likes, and I will not give up on the mushrooms.
Breakfast: 10 grain cereal with peanut butter and raisins.
Ingredients for Ranch Potatoes: 3 red potatoes, olive oil, and one packet of Ranch seasoning.
Ranch potatoes mixed and ready to go into the oven.
Ranch potato closeup #2
Cooked and crispy potatoes.

Ranch Potatoes

3 large or 6 small red potatoes, washed and diced leaving the skin on
1 packet Ranch seasoning
Olive oil

1.Preheat oven to 400 F.

2.  In a small bowl drizzle olive oil over Ranch seasoning while whisking.  Add enough oil to make a runny paste.  This should be the consistency of a thick milkshake.

3. Mix seasoning paste with diced potatoes.  Mix until all potatoes are evenly covered with the paste.

4. Place potatoes on baking pan, spreading out so that potatoes are in a single layer.

5. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring potatoes about halfway through, so all sides get nice and crispy.  You will know the potatoes are finished with they are brown and crispy.  

What I ate Thursday:

5:30 am: 2 hardboiled eggs in the car on the way to Springfield

11:25 am: Wisconsin Horseshoe from D'arcy's pint.  (See yesterday's post for details)

6:00 pm: Taco pizza from Gem City Pizzeria http://www.gemcitypizza.com/  


No comments:

Post a Comment