Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve

Our original plans for New Year's Eve were rearranged, so my husband and I decided to make the best of our night in.  I was a little bummed at first because we would have made plans to go out of town if we had known we would have been free, but it turned out to be a great night in.  We invited my parents over for a supper of pork loin, steamed green beans, and mashed potatoes and gravy.  I also made a great cocktail of Wildberry vodka, triple sec, and orange juice all shaken and served up in a martini glass.

The spread right before my dad knocked over my mom's cocktail.

My plate, I'm so glad I made enough to have leftovers.

After my parents left, my husband and I decided to watch some movies and put together some snacks.  In my family we always want to make sure there is enough food for everyone to take as much as they want.  In fact, even though I know I'm usually only cooking for one or two people, I always make enough food for six.  I am always worried about running out of food.  With these disclaimers in mind, this is the food on which we snacked:

 We have Triscuits, Wheat Thins, The two dips are hot artichoke on the ends and dill dip in the middle.  The veggie/cheese tray includes radishes, carrots, celery, green pepper, cucumbers, Colby Jack cheese, goat cheese with cranberries and oranges, and Montery Jack cheese. 
Close-up of tray.  We actually finished most of this off in about 3 hours and drank 2 bottles of champagne.

Overall, it was a great New Year's Eve.  Oh, and my resolution; it's not food related, but I'll share it anyway.  I want to read 50 books this year.  I'll keep track of them and do a post at the end of the year listing all the books I've read.  I hope the start of your year is fantastic!

What I ate on New Year's Eve:

Other than the food listed above I had countless Lindor dark chocolate truffles, 2 hard boiled eggs, and an white chocolate coated oreo ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment