Thursday, January 6, 2011

More eggs for super

I decided on eggs for supper again, but I knew I needed to make an entire meal tonight to avoid last night's grazing fiasco.  I boiled a few red potatoes.  Then I diced them and cooked them until brown and crispy in my cast iron skillet.  I really do love cast iron, and I think it's the best way to get a brown crust on food.  After the potatoes were crispy I added in a few eggs.


I also cooked up some corned beef hash, which I remembered also has potatoes in it after I opened the can.  Canned corned beef hash is one of my guilty pleasures.  I buy a can once or twice a year.  I didn't take a picture of my entire plate because canned corned beef hash does not photograph well.  I enjoyed all this with an English muffin.

What I ate today:


8:00 am: 12oz coffee with cream and sugar.  Kashi peanut butter chewy granola bar.

12:00 pm: White chicken chili.  I made this several weeks ago from "The Weeknight Kitchen" newsletter.  You can read my blog about it here.  I froze the leftovers and had them for lunch today.  I plan on making another big batch to freeze because this was a great lunch.  I ate this with a grapefruit.  This was also a great lunch since I was still feeling a little heavy from all the crackers and grazing yesterday.  I plan on finishing the soup with a salad for lunch tomorrow.

6:00 pm: 3 dark chocolate truffles, eggs, potatoes, corned beef hash, an English muffin with reduced sugar apricot jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment