Monday, January 3, 2011

Salad Confessional

I have a few weird confession to make about salads: I crave them in the winter and I crave them when I want something creamy and fatty.  It was the first day back to work in almost two weeks, so I think that's why I was wanting something comforting.  Trust me, I am under absolutely no delusions that the salads I make are healthy.  I made some ranch dressing with ranch seasoning, mayonnaise, and almond milk.  I slathered this on top of romaine lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumbers, hard-boiled eggs, and a Boca Chik'n patty.  I wanted to top this with olives, cheese, and avocado, but I didn't think it would fit on my plate.  This salad was fantastic and really hit the spot.




What I ate today:


8:00 am: 16oz coffee with cream and sugar.  I really need to get up early enough to make breakfast. I was starving by the time lunch came around.

12:00 pm: Leftover pork loin with mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans

6:00 pm: lovely, comforting, fatty salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment