Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grazing is a bad idea and Artichoke Dip

Artichoke dip with crackers


Whenever I decide that I don't want to make a "real" meal, and I'm just going to sit down and eat something quick, it bites me in the butt.  I end up eating way too many crackers and feeling full, but not in a happy warm kind of way.  This happened to me tonight.  I had thought about making mushroom fajitas, but decided against it because I was too tired.  This was a big mistake.  I ended up eating two eggs, opened faced on toast.  Then I still wasn't full, so I ate 3 chocolate truffles.  I still wanted more, so I ate the leftover black olives in the fridge.  All of this culminated with me heating up the leftover artichoke dip (recipe follows) and eating it with crackers.

While the artichoke dip is delicious, I had some for lunch.  I would've felt a lot better had I just made the fajitas.  It doesn't seem to matter how much I eat when I graze; I'm never satisfied.  I know it's all in my head, but I just need to sit down to an actual meal for my brain to register that I've eaten something.  I hope I've learned my lesson: Grazing = eating way too much and feeling uncomfortable and still unsatisfied.

Hot Artichoke Dip


15oz can of Artichoke hearts, drained and torn in to small pieces
1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 to 2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)

1. Mash all ingredients together.

2. Heat until everything melts together.  (I thrown everything in a crockpot and let it set on "warm")

3. Serve warm

Really, that's it.  I have a bad habit of telling people that everything I make is "super easy," but really this is!

What I ate today and yesterday:


I've had 2 days of grazing and leftovers.  This explains why my stomach hates me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment