Thursday, January 20, 2011

Agave Love

I really do love agave.  It is a sweetener made from the agave plant.  It is supposed to have all sorts of heath benefits over sugar, but I really don't care about all that.  I like agave because it has the consistency of honey, but I think it tastes a lot better.  I use it in tea, coffee, cupcakes, frosting.  I've also been making a agave mustard dressing.  The dressing is very easy to throw together.  Just mix together agave, dijon mustard, and a neutral flavored oil.  You may want to start with equal parts agave and dijon and about a third of the amount of oil.  Add more agave or mustard to taste.  The dressing is great on salads, and I would like to try it on chicken or pork chops.   

School was canceled today due to snow so I was able to take pictures of most of my food.

Breakfast tortillas: egg, potato, cheese, and BBQ sauce.

 Afternoon snack of cashews, pine nuts, and pistachios 
Supper: Spinach salad with hard boiled eggs and agave mustard dress.  I also had a grilled cheese sandwich.

In addition to what is shown above I also had leftover goulash for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment