Saturday, December 11, 2010

An evening of wine and cheese

I thought I was judging a poetry slam last night, but unfortunately not enough poets showed up to hold the slam.  It wasn't all a bust though because I had some amazing cheese.  My husband, Jason, and I got the three cheese plate.  We choose: Farmer Jack with basil, Chipoltle cheddar, and a cranberry orange peel goat cheese.  At first, I didn't think I'd like the goat cheese because of the sweetness, but then the tangyness kicked in, and I was in heaven.  We chased all the cheese with a Australian Syrah.  Unfortunately, no pictures today, but the cheese plate was very pretty.

What I ate: Friday


9:00 am: Everything bagel with cream cheese, 16oz coffee

12:00 pm: Ruby red grapefruit (yay, my FFA order finally came in.), baked chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy

6:00 pm: 1/2 bottle of wine, cheese, and crackers

8:00 pm: 1 chili relliano, 1/2 bean burrito, and 1/2 cheese enchilada at El Rancherito.

No comments:

Post a Comment