Sunday, December 19, 2010

Parsley buttered potatoes and trying to get caught up

Close up of Parsley Buttered Potatoes

I know it's been a few days since I've posted, and I will try to do as much of a recap as possible.  I've been grading like crazy, and I'll have much more time after Tuesday because I will be on Christmas break.  I'm so ready for it.  I've been having a ton of leftovers, but I made a few new things as well.  The Parsley Buttered Potatoes shown above are from the leftover category, but when I was going through pictures I noticed this really cool picture, so I thought I would do a quick recipe for them to make up for my lack of posts this week.

Parsley Buttered Potatoes are a dish my grandma would make often in the summer when she had a lot of parsley to get rid of from the garden.  It's very easy and inexpensive to make even if you don't have garden-fresh parsley.  I often make it when I need a little bit of parsley for another recipe because it's a nice way to use up the entire bunch.

Parsley Buttered Potatoes (Once again more of a method than an actual recipe)

2 lbs red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
1 bunch parsley either Italian or curly, washed and minced
1 stick butter or margarine cut into about 8 pieces
Salt and pepper

1. Steam potatoes until they can be pierced with a fork, between 10 and 15 minutes.  Don't overcook; you don't want the potatoes to fall apart when your mixing them.

2. Place in a bowl and mix with butter while still hot, so it melts.

3. Mix in chopped parsley.

4. Salt and pepper to taste

Note: I've also melted the butter with garlic and then added to the potatoes.  It's an extra step, so I didn't do it this time, but it's delicious.  

Now pictures from other things I've been eating:
 Leftover Chicken pilliard, parsley buttered potatoes, and brussel sprouts
 Eggs and cheese on toast
 Steaming green beans.
These tacos were amazing!  I need to try and make them one more time, but I think I've perfected the seasoning!  It's similar, but much better than store-bought.

What I ate today:

9:00 am: Breakfast sandwich (fried egg, bacon, and American cheese on an onion roll), apple juice

12:00 pm: Buffalo chicken salad

4:00 pm: 1 orange

5:45 pm: cranberry, orange peel, goat cheese; sharp cheddar

7:30 pm: 3 tacos with beef, cheese, lettuce, black olives, tomatoes, and homemade guacamole


No comments:

Post a Comment