Monday, December 20, 2010

A healthy supper chased with lots of brownies

For supper I had a beautiful supper of roasted red potatoes, steamed green beans, and a portabella mushroom sandwich.  I felt so good about the whole meal that I promptly chased it will 2 dark chocolate Ghriadelli brownies.  I made enough green beans and potatoes to save for lunch tomorrow, but really I want to eat them tonight.  Back to grading now for a few more nights at least.

Oh, and if you're wondering about my Splendid Table post for last week, don't worry, I did make and photograph the recipe, and I will post it in a few days.

My plate minus the brownies

What I ate today:


10:30 am: about 6 Ritz crackers

12:00 pm: 2 leftover beef tacos with lettuce and guacamole, 1 small winesap apple, 1 apple dumpling cooked by the jr high foods class.  The dumpling was delicious, but very greasy and buttery.  I hear the recipe contained Mountain Dew!?

4:00 pm: 1 orange and 1 fun sized pack of plain M&Ms

6:30 pm: roasted red potatoes with cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil; steamed green beans; portabella mushroom sandwich on an onion roll with tomato, mustard and pickle; 2 dark chocolate brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment