Thursday, December 9, 2010

Weeknight Kitchen: Chicken paillard with tomatoes, fennel, and olives

I made the Splendid Table recipe from the Weeknight Kitchen newsletter this week.  It was Chicken Paillard with Tomatoes, Fennel, and Olives.  link here.  The chicken was very good, but for me it will be more of a special occasion recipe.  It was easy to make, but the ingredients were a little on the pricey side. Pine nuts are delicious, but $20 a pound around here.   It was very beautfiul, and looked very holiday inspired because of the colors.  Unfortunately, I didn't get very good pictures of it.  I will definetly make this the next time my brother and sister-in-law are in town.
Starting in the upper left and continuing clockwise you see the Chicken paillard, balsamic brussel sprouts, and parsley buttered potatoes.

The recipe called for a cup of skinned, seeded tomatoes, so I took a few pictures of how I skin my tomatoes.  I learned this from my grandmother who I would help make gallons of tomato juice in the summer.  You submerge the tomatoes in boiling water for a few minutes and the seeds slip right off.


This weeks newsletter also came with a cookie recipe.  I will probably be making this on Saturday.

What I ate today:

8:00 am: 16 oz coffee with cream and sugar

9:45 am: apple strudel

12:00 pm: leftover baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy, granny smith apple

3:00 pm: small winesap apple

5:00 pm: small bowl of mashed potatoes (I knew it would be 8:30 before I ate tonight)

8:30 pm: Chicken paillard with tomatoes, fennel, and olives; balsamic brussel sprouts; parsley buttered potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment