Wednesday, December 29, 2010

eggs, bacon, spinach, and leftovers.

My dog, not begging for leftovers, but just reminding my husband that he was waiting patiently to pre-rinse the plates.

This morning I made spinach, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. I wanted to make these in the cute LeCreuset ramekins I received for a wedding present, but alas, the English muffins I wanted to use as a base would not fit, so I used my LeCreuset baking dish instead.  Here's what I did:

Egg, Bacon, and Spinach Casserole

2 English muffins, split
6 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
5 oz spinach
4 eggs

1. Cook bacon until done to your liking (I like mine soggy; my husband likes his crisp, so I cooked mine somewhere in between) 

2. Remove bacon and put into paper towel-lined bowl or plate.  Reserve grease.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.    

4. Cook spinach in same skillet that bacon was just cooked in.  This should take 1 to 2 minutes.

5. Use reserved bacon grease to coat baking dish.

6. Line baking dish with English muffins.  I had to tear up the muffins to make them fit.

7. Top English muffins with bacon and spinach.

8. Dividing the baking dish into four equal sections, crack eggs into each section.

9. Bake for 14-16 minutes until white are set and yolks are runny.


What I Ate Today:

11:00 am: Late breakfast of eggs, bacon, and spinach casserole, 1 orange, and coffee with almond milk and sugar

No lunch today because I was busy cleaning my living room, but I did have three Lindor dark chocolate truffles.

6:00 pm:  leftover fettuccine Alfredo and shrimp ramen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment