Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weeknight Kitchen: Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Basil

This Weeknight Kitchen recipe really lived up to its name.  It was extremely simple to throw together.  The longest part was halving all of the grape tomatoes.  After the tomatoes were cut I threw them in a baking dish with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper.  The tomatoes baked while I cooked the pasta, and then everything was thrown together before serving.  I didn't have any basil, so I left it out, but I'm sure the herb would have made the dish even better.This is such a simple recipe, but I would not have thought to go this without it.  I think this summer when tomatoes are fresh I will just bake them like this as a side dish without the pasta.  This made a lot and reheated really well.

I apologize for the less than stellar picture.  The lighting in my kitchen was weird that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment