Saturday, June 4, 2011

Robbies and the LA Phatburger: so Good I Wish I was Hungover

I needed to go grocery shopping today to stock up my kitchen (all we had in the fridge was bottled water).  Decatur has the closest Krogers, so we decided to go there.  When in Decatur we have to stop at Robbies Grill.  Robbies is an upscale bar with seating for about 30 including the bar.  The menu changes daily, and is always fantastic.  The staff is very friendly, and the atmosphere is nice.  

First, Jason's lunch.  Seared tuna on flatbread.  The sauce was a kind of spicy wasabi honey mustard, so good.  
 My lunch, and the reason I stated that I wished I was hungover in the title.  The LA Phatburger is a burger served on toasted Italian bread, topped with cheddar cheese, fried egg, and chili.  This is the perfect hangover food.  It seems like it would be very greasy and heavy, but it's not.  The chili is light and flavorful and the burger is the best I've ever had.  I like my burger's rare, and Robbies gives me just what I want, juicy, rare beef.  I always want to order something else, but I always come back to this.  We were told these are only available on Saturdays, so if you're in the bar on a Saturday afternoon, do yourself a favor and order one.
 Jason looking rather surprised.  He didn't know I was taking his picture.  
 Jason's dessert Peanut Butter Pie: a layer of chocolate crust, silky peanut butter ice cream, and a chocolate ganache topping.  I'm not a fan of peanut butter desserts, but Jason said he could've eaten 3 of these even though they are very rich.  
 Me and my dessert: a spicy bloody Mary.  The bloody Mary comes with a sidecar of draft Blue Moon.  I didn't expect the little beer on the side, but I think I will start ordering all bloody Mary's this way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment