Monday, June 20, 2011

Lobster Bake

Last night my husband gave me my Christmas present from last Christmas.  Now, this isn't as bad as it sounds.  My present was to pick a dinner from Firefly in Effingham, Illinois.  Firefly is a wonderful restaurant serving upscale farm fresh and local foods.  They have a garden where much of their produce is gathered during this time of year. I knew that every year Firefly has a lobster bake, so I waited until it came around to claim my gift.  It was a fantastic present.  The food and atmosphere, as always, were great.
.  
The view from our table on the patio
 My view from the patio
 The menu.  We had the wine pairings
 First course: Clams with cooking water on the left to wash off the grit and butter on the right.

 2nd course: Oyster stew.  This was amazing.  I wanted a vat.  It had raw oysters in it that must have been placed in right before serving.
 The main course, lobster.  I tore this thing apart in record time.  I think my husband was both horrified and impressed.
 Dessert: Strawberry and rhubarb pie with homemade ice cream.  I was so full by this point, but I managed to eat all but the crust (which my husband ate)
 Me after all the food.  I was covered in butter and lobster juices by this point; no wonder I'm so happy.
 The Firefly.  If you are in the area, I highly recommend stopping by.  You can find their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment