Monday, June 6, 2011

Weeknight Kitchen: Farfalle with Salmon, Peas, and Sage


Okay, you got me. If you looked at the picture, you probably noticed that there is no farfalle on the plate, but I couldn't find that shape, so I thought this rotini would hold the sauce just as well.  Plus, I thought the colors were nice.

This dinner came together really quickly.  In fact, my preparation was not what it should have been.  When I make this again, I will make sure all the ingredients are prepped and ready to go.  In the time it takes to boil water and cook pasta, the sauce is complete.  This will be an excellent meal for nights when I have class and need to get supper on the table quickly.  When I first read this recipe I thought there was a mistake because it didn't call for any cheese.  I then remembered the rule that in Italian food cheese and seafood should not be put together.  After trying the incredibly creamy but light sauce, I realized it didn't need any cheese.  I really like the technique of adding pasta water to loosen a sauce.  I've done this a few times before and will put it into my cooking more often.  If you don't like salmon, chicken could be substituted, but the salmon flavor was perfect for me.  This was another great meal from The Splendid Table's Weeknight Kitchen.  If you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet you should.  www.splendidtable.org

No comments:

Post a Comment