Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sometimes You Just Really Need a Loaded Baked Potato

I've been thinking about baked potatoes since lunch.  I had a semi-disappointing experience with box-mix meal last, and ate the leftovers for lunch today.  Even though I doctored up said box mix with fresh produce, it still tasted wrong to me.  Not terrible, but not satisfying either.  It was just something to fill my stomach last night (and since I won't throw out perfectly good food, today and tomorrow for lunch too).  As I've stated in previous posts, I am moving in a week, so I don't want to go grocery shopping.  I kept thinking about what I had in the pantry, and I remembered a big bag of potatoes.  I cleaned, dried, and then rubbed the potatoes with olive oil and coarse kosher salt.  They went in the oven for an hour until they were perfectly soft on the inside and a little crispy outside.  I filled my potato with crispy bacon, caramelized onions (cooked in the bacon grease), pepper jack cheese, and sour cream.  The potato was filling and delicious.  I baked two, so I could have one for lunch soon.  Oh, and no more pre-packaged meals for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment