Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Black Beans to the Rescue.

I didn't feel like eating the leftovers in my fridge tonight, but I wanted something quick that didn't involve anything from the freezer.  I had a batch of cooked black beans that I've been adding to a batch of pinto beans and ham that I thought had too much ham, so I decided to do something with the beans.  I added a roma tomato, a clove of garlic, a quarter cup of onion, a few pickled jalapeños and some of the liquid, siracha, cumin, chili powder, and salt, and I simmered this for about 20 minutes.  It was served with two cheese quesadillas on corn tortillas.  It was a quick meal that was spicy, delicious, and filling.  This meal makes me think cooked black beans would be a good addition to my refrigerator at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment