Monday, May 16, 2011

Ranch Roasted Chickpeas

In my mission to use as much of the food in my cabinets before I move, I've been trying to think of creative ways to use beans.  Honestly, I love beans, but I didn't grow up eating them, and so I'm just now trying to figure out how to properly season them.  I had cooked up a pound of chickpeas last week.  I made hummus out of part of them, but I still have a lot of leftovers.  I knew about roasted chickpeas that get crispy and delicious in the oven, but I didn't feel like seasoning with salt, pepper, cumin, and red pepper flakes like I normally would.  I buy ranch seasoning in bulk, so I decided to toss the chickpeas in the seasoning and see what would happen.  These turned out great!  I roasted the ranch powdered chickpeas at 400 degrees on a lightly oiled cookie sheet for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.  They should be crispy and have a few dark brown spots.  I could see myself making a big batch of these for a party snack.  I ate these with some rice (which I am also learning how to deal with).

No comments:

Post a Comment