Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weeknight Kitchen: Pasta with Greek Cinnamon Tomato Sauce

This pasta looked amazing, and contained all the things I like in a pasta sauce: white wine, tomatoes, oregano, garlic and goat cheese just to name a few.  It also contained one big problem: Cinnamon.  I have never eaten pasta with cinnamon and other than a few Mexican dishes I have never eaten cinnamon in anything savory.  It turns out that I don't really like it.  This recipe contained a lot of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons, and was a little spicy because of it.  I guess it's a cultural thing that I just didn't grow up with, and I will probably give it another try sometime, but sadly, most of these leftovers were tossed out.  

Once again, if you haven't already, sign up for the weeknight kitchen newsletter from Splendid Table.  Honestly, the recipes lately have not been for me.  I'm still making them though because I like to try new flavor profiles.  I'm making a new one tonight, so hopefully it's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment