Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weeknight Kitchen: Baked Eggs in Nests of Spinach and Mushrooms

This is another Weeknight Kitchen recipe.  If you're just tuning in, Weeknight Kitchen is a weekly newsletter from The Splendid Table.  You can sign up here if you're interested.  I try to make as many of the recipes as possible and then report back how they turned out.  I find them a little hit or miss for my tastes.  I've been making some good things like the baked eggs I will discuss here, minestrone and cornish hens, but the last few recipes have not worked for me.  I will post about those in the next few weeks.  That being said, the newsletter is worth checking out.  It allows me to discover flavor profiles that I might not have thought about putting together.

The baked eggs were excellent.  I won't post the recipe because it's not mine, but it involves cooking spinach, mushrooms, and onions, making nests, cracking the eggs in the nests, and baking.  I sprinkled cooked sausage on top more for the saltiness it would provide than anything else.  I served these with hash browns, which are still my nemesis, not because I don't like them, but because I can never get them to turn out right.  I won't use the exact recipe for the baked eggs again, but I will use the method.  It's easy and fast.

I apologize for the lighting in the picture.  I don't know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment