Thursday, April 7, 2011

Clean out the Cupboards

I can officially announce that I will be moving in the next couple of months.  While I am a little upset about leaving and a little excited about starting a new chapter in my life (and actually living in the same house as my husband), I'm overwhelmed by the thought of packing.  I'm not organized at all, and I'm a bit of a hoarder, so it will be traumatic because I know I'm going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.  Thinking ahead I need to clean out my cupboards.  I have lots of dried beans, rice, pasta, and canned goods.  I don't want to pack up all this stuff, so I'm going to try and eat as much as possible before I leave.  My goal is to use at least one item a day and not buy any new canned or dried goods.  This means I may have to get creative with my meals.  Fortunately, I am creative with food, and this will save me some money.  I'll be starting grad school in the fall, so these money saving skills will also come in handy.  Stay tuned to see what I make.

Tonight's meal used a can of tuna (yeah, not very ambitious, but it's what I was in the mood for, and it used some of the condiments in my fridge, which I am also hoping to tackle).  I made tuna salad, toasted ciabatta and mushrooms and onions sauteed with Worcestershire sauce.  

In addition to the tuna I also had oats for breakfast, and I used a meal from the freezer (homemade chicken noodle soup)


No comments:

Post a Comment