Monday, April 4, 2011

Bad Blogger

I went to St. Louis on Saturday, and I made sure to take my camera with me, but I didn't take any pictures.  My husband and I had lunch at Roosters.  We always go here when in town.  I had the creamed spinach crepe, which I always get because I think about it longingly when I order anything else and a side of potatoes.  We both enjoyed a Bailey's and coffee crepe for dessert.  Seriously, if you are in or around the St. Louis area you have to check this place out.  The crepes are fantastic, and they have a huge bloody mary menu.

We ended up at Eclipse for supper.  We stayed at the adjoining hotel, Moonrise, on our honeymoon in November and loved it.  I was not disappointed with the restaurant.  I can't wait to stay at the Moonrise and order room service from Eclipse.  We started out our dinner with an order of Mussels and Prosciutto and olive toasts.  Both starters were great, but I was in love with the mussels.  The portion was huge, and I might order them with a salad next time for a meal.  If it wouldn't have been tacking I would have picked up the bowl to drink all the tangy mussel broth.  I have the Berkshire pork medallions for my entrée.   The pork was tender and flavorful, and the corn cakes that came with the meal were well seasoned and had a "homey" feel to them.  Jason had the scallops which were rich and delicious.  We will definitely be returning, maybe I'll even bring my camera next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment