Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vinegar Slaw: the Easiest Slaw Recipe Ever

Truth be told, my husband requested a "Dixie" (Mayo based) coleslaw Sunday night for supper.  I forgot about that until I had already mixed this slaw together.  I know he was disappointed, but I was happy because I love this coleslaw.  The vinegar and oil can be changed to whatever you're in the mood for.  I did not take a picture of the finished slaw because I forgot that green cabbage with balsamic vinegar looks a little muddy and unappealing, but I promise it tastes great.  The dressing can also be used with roasted beats, which I think I like better than the cabbage.  Maybe next time I'll make a mayo slaw for my husband, but right now I'm enjoying the leftovers from this.

Vinegar Slaw

1/2 large head cabbage shredded
2 carrots shredded
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon salt

Mix together wet ingredients, toss in cabbage and carrots.  That's it.  Enjoy!







What I ate today:


9:45: Colby Jack cheese and wheat thins, black coffee

12:00: hamburger with mustard and Gorgonzola on a onion bun, vinegar slaw, banana.

4:30 pm: experimental stir fry with onion, cabbage, mushrooms, and celery over red rice.  (The stir fry was good, but the rice needs work.)

9:30 pm: Colby Jack cheese, crackers, an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment