Monday, February 21, 2011

More from the Veganomicon: Jelly Donut Cupcakes

My husband loves sweets.  He also loves cupcakes and jelly donuts.  When I gave him the Veganomicon and told him to choose a recipe, of course, he choose Jelly Donut Cupcakes.  He's been very patiently waiting for me to make them during the last three weeks.  I finally made them last night.  Here's what happened.

Here I am mixing the cornstarch, apple cider, almond milk mix.

Mixing the wet and dry ingredients.


Filling the cupcakes.  I've found that a scant 1/3 cup will fill the cupcakes about 3/4 full


Filled cupcakes awaiting the jelly

I didn't quite get the jelly in the center of the cupcake, but it still looks good.

Cupcakes waiting to be put in the oven.

Finished cupcakes.  It's slightly magical how the jelly sinks and the batter covers it.

All they need is powdered sugar.

As the recipe states, these cupcakes are much better the next day after the tops harden.  I didn't care for these because they were too sweet for me, and I didn't like the nutmeg.  My husband thought the nutmeg gave them a more authentic donut flavor, but wants me to make another batch without the nutmeg just to be sure.  I will be making these for my husband again, but I probably won't eat any.

No comments:

Post a Comment