Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day two of the vegan kickstart


Above you will see the Southern Beans and Greens doused in Louisiana Hot Sauce.  I was delicious.  I had this for supper tonight along with leftover Confetti Couscous salad.

Overall, today's menu was much better than yesterday.  I couldn't find any vegan veggie burgers in the frozen food section, so I got Bocca's Spicy Chik'n instead.  I usually buy their regular chicken patties for salad, and I was very happy with the spiciness of these.  I will be getting them again.  I was supposed to have leftover carrot and roasted red pepper soup, but I just couldn't do it.  I think I'm going to reduce the soup down, add some spices, and try is as a sauce.

I didn't have as much anxiety over food today, but I do have a strange feeling in my stomach.  I feel hungry, but full at the same time.  I think it's just all the grains, beans, and water mixing today.  I think this is something that would eventually regulate itself.  (If any vegans are reading this, I'd like to know if you had a similar experience when first going vegan.)

Tomorrow I'm off the kick start, but I have a few cooking plans for this weekend, so I will be posting.  I'll be back on the kick start Monday.  I think I need to cut the recipes in half because I'm staring at a fridge full of leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment