Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chicken tacos and a question for my readers

Whole chickens were on sale last week, so I decided to buy two.  Whenever I have whole chickens, I want to make chicken tacos.  Below you can see the seasonings I used.  There is garlic, bay leaves, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, oregano, kosher salt, and whole tri-color peppercorns.  I also added dried cumin, but I forgot to put it on the plate for the picture.  I put all of the spices and chicken into the crockpot and filled it about 1/2 way with water.  I turned it on low and forgot about the whole thing for about 8 hours.  When the chicken was done I let it cool and pulled it apart.  It was served with pepper and onions, cilantro, tomatoes, black olives, cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce.  You can see the table spread in the picture below.  Now I have leftover chicken and broth for chicken noodle soup.  




Now for the reader question, I know I have readers of this blog who never comment, but now I want some input.  Originally, I started out this blog as a journal style record of what I eat each day and included recipes and pictures. Right now I've just been posting recipes about twice a week with no food journal.  What do you want to see?  I think it's interesting to see what other people are eating, but I'm not sure if I'm alone in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment