Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wendy's was not a good idea

I had a beautiful dinner planned for tonight.  I was going to make sausage with peppers, onions, and tomatoes, served with whole wheat couscous and kale on the side.  Instead I ended up driving 2 and 1/2 hours to rescue my husband, so I went through the drive through.  I don't eat much fast food, and half way through my meal I regretted it.  I knew I was full, but I kept eating.  The food didn't taste good, but I kept eating.  At some point I need to get rid of this "clean your plate" mentality, but I don't know if I ever will.  After what I have eaten today my body is craving vegetables.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I have a lunch and a dinner to go to, so I'm not sure how many vegetables I will get, but I will try to be conscious of what I'm putting on my plate.

What I ate today


7:20am Italian bread with sugar and cinnamon.  I know I know, I was going to get up early to make breakfast.  The call of more breakfast burritos was strong, but my pillow was yelling louder.  I had just enough time to grab toast.

8:00am 20oz black coffee.  Once again, no time to make breakfast means no coffee at home.

11:30am  School lunch (Chicken fettuccine Alfredo, canned peaches, salad with ranch,  2 sugar cookies, 1 mini lemon poppy seed muffin, a garlic bread stick, and chocolate milk.)  I foolishly believed that I would get up in time to make breakfast and pack lunch instead of packing the night before.  I have no leftovers, and with very little time, I threw together a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and tossed an apple into my bag.  I had food anxiety all morning.  I knew I would be hungry after lunch if this is all I ate, so instead I caved and bought school lunch, which is something I rarely ever do.  Looking back at the meal now is kind of horrendous, and I know why the students have trouble sitting through class when all they have is starch and sugar.  We don't get too many whole fruits or vegetables because the students used them for throwing instead of eating.  The food was either very bland or very sweet, but it did fill me up for a little while.

4:00 pm Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

6:30pm Double burger with cheese, small fries, and small root beer.  I've already talked about this meal, but I'm still regretting it four hours later.  I don't feel right.  I'm thirsty, I feel greasy, and just off.

I will be back with what I hope is a more nutritional post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment