Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Not-Really-Taco Ramekins

My husband, Jason, loves tacos.  Every week when I'm figuring out the menu, and I ask him what he wants, he always says "tacos."  When I got a new cookbook for my birthday, and he thumbed through he immediately stopped on a recipe called "Taco Ramekins" saying "I like tacos, and we have ramekins."  I made them up, and I was a little concerned.  It seemed like a strange mix of items and not at all taco-like.  It had ground beef, green bell peppers, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, green onions, chili powder and biscuit mix.    When I mentioned this to Jason he said "Oh, I didn't read the recipe, I just liked the name."  To my surprise, the taco ramekins tasted really good, but they didn't taste anything like tacos.  I'm not even sure why they are called taco ramekins (yes, I get the ramekin part).  I will be making these up again, but this time we know not to expect any taco flavor, and Jason has learned to actually read the recipe before requesting the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment