Monday, July 18, 2011

Peach Martinis

The time has flown by now that I'm working all day in the heat.  By the time I get home, go back out to the gym, make supper, and clean up, it's almost time for bed.  This isn't an excuse for my lack of posts lately, but I promise I will try to do better.  Now that we have that out of the way, I've been waiting for peaches.  I saw them in the grocery store a few weeks ago, but they were hard and scentless.  Finally, after weeks of anticipating, and smelling every peach I saw, the peaches are here!  I bought a half-bushel, which is probably way more than I need, but the price was right and like I said, I really wanted peaches.  Essentially what I'm trying to say right now is to expect some upcoming posts featuring peaches.  Saturday night when I came home with my bounty of peaches I decided to make a drink.  These martinis are pretty strong, but you could use less vodka or even completely omit it and serve over ice as a peach-ade.

Peach Martini



  • 2 cups chopped peaches (I left the skin on, but this is optional)
  • 1/2 to 1 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water cooked on the stove until the sugar is completely dissolved.  Please make this yourself.  It's easy)
  • 1 to 2 cups club soda
  • 1 to 2oz vodka per drink depending on how strong you want your drink (the above recipe made 6 very full martinis)
1st: chop peaches while your husband stands on a chair and takes 30 pictures.  

 2. Place peach slices in blender
 3. feed slices of peach to dog.
 4. Add simple syrup to blender.  Start with 1/2 cup, blend and taste.  I only needed 1/2 cup because the peaches were sweet.  You can use leftover syrup in lemonade or iced tea.  If you bake a cake you can pour the leftover syrup over the cake after you pull it from the oven.  This will keep the cake moist.
 5. After peaches are blended, and the sugar level is correct, pour into a pitcher.  Add 2 cups club soda and stir.  Chill mixture.  Add 1 to 2 oz vodka to ice filled shaker and add some of the peach mixture.
 6. Pour into martini glass and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment