Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Meatless May Day 5: Veggie Quesadillas


Last night I made pepper, onion, mushroom, and cheese quesadillas with avocado salsa.  The salsa is just something I throw together with avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.  It's much better when the tomatoes are in season, but that is going to be awhile.  For the quesadilla filling I just sauteed the veggies with salt and pepper and deglazed the pan with some silver tequila.

Today my students found out that I'm not eating meat for the month, and they are confounded by this.  They aren't really sure what I'm going to be eating, and this led to a conversation about how long a person could survive without meat.  I don't think they believed my answer of "forever."  There was also a long discussion about tofu, which I still don't think they understood.

There won't be too much excitement in the way of food posting for the next couple of days.  Jason made supper tonight which consisted of a frozen stir-fry kit and some pre-marinated teriyaki tofu because I worked late.  Wednesday and Thursday nights are usually leftovers, but I may get creative and whip something up.


No comments:

Post a Comment