Friday, September 9, 2011

Chicken Likka


I'm always a little hesitant about cooking Indian food.  I've never really eaten any authentic Indian food that I know of, and so I'm never sure if I will get the flavors right.  While flipping through a cookbook, I found a recipe for Chicken Likka that looked interesting.  Basically, cubed chicken gets marinated in a mixture of yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, allspice, and tomato paste, and baked quickly in a hot oven.  The recipe called for the chicken to be skewered, but I didn't have any skewers, so I just baked it on a cookie sheet.  The chicken was extremely flavorful and tender.  It was actually a little too powerful to eat on its own. I took the leftovers and wrapped them in flat bread with cucumber, which toned down the powerful spices, and was just right for my tastes.  Other than the marinade, the dish came together very quickly.  This chicken made me think that maybe I should take more of an interest in Indian cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment